Friday, December 15, 2006

Fait à compli

Ever get those nasty little cheques in the mail, that claim to give you $1.00, $10.00 or $20.00 that hook you into a service in fine print? That should be illegal. Talk about a quick dup. It's a farce really, why is if i endorse these cheques to redeem the cash, they are legally allowed to charge me 100s of dollars per month for a service I'm not particularly clear on?

Term life insurance - do they actually do what they claim?
Auto insurance - how do you give me auto insurance without my VIN, Model and Make of my car?
Home insurance - how do you give me home insurance if you don't have my address recorded somewhere?

Honestly, this is a mild form of mail fraud in my opinion. Why is it legal? and Why can banks get away with this too?

1 comment:

Peter said...

There are various types of term life insurance rates, they all have some common attributes. You pay an insurance company what are called premiums. At your death, the life insurance company pays an amount to the people you named in your policy, called beneficiaries. Also it's interesting that if you named a beneficiary(ies) they'd receive the insurance amount free of income tax.