Saturday, September 23, 2006

Camera Bags



Hmmm.. Not too big, and not too small, which one should I pick above them all.

There are soo many different types of camera bags out there! I just want one that's:
1) Slick - doesn't look like an 'obvious' camera bag
2) Protects my gear
3) Comfy

Sounds straight forward enough... As I am from a 'technical' background I decided to first "Gather my requirements"

I would like it to first and foremost protect my new Nikon D80 :) I was thinking of getting a Tamrac Messenger style bag like the: Adventure Messenger 3. Unfortunately, it's not wide enough to fit my bulky new digicam. Then I started to think about the different scenarios I would use this new bag.

1) Day trips
2) Airport trips
3) traveling

Hey! Maybe I should get a new backpack. I've had my trusty MEC bag forever, maybe it's time for something new.

I came across these that I find interesting:
Tamrac Adventure 9
Crumpler Sinking Barge

They both offer ample space for a dSLR and a component for a 15" laptop. However, the padding within the Crumpler is much more plush and seems more protective than the Tamrac. On top of that, it looks like a stylish school bag.

Anyway, I think I'm leaning more towards the Crumpler, I can eBay it for a cool 119$ + shipping.

No comments: